Please note that our website www.alpinestars.com is managed by Alpinestars USA Inc. In light of this Alpinestars USA Inc controls the use of some of the users’ Personal Data as maybe collected on www.alpinestars.com on behalf of Alpinestars S.p.A the owner of the website www.alpinestars.com (hereinafter our or the Website). Together the two entities Alpinestars USA Inc and Alpinestars S.p.A will be referred to collectively as “Alpinestars” unless separately referred to.
What Personal Data does Alpinestars collect?
When you visit and navigate through our Website, some of your Personal Data will be collected automatically. Personal Data collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies.
When you register on our Website , through an Alpinestars Dealer, or on our Tech-Air® App to purchase a product, download a software update, connect to our Services , contact us, we may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, location information, credit card information.
You also may provide Personal Data to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the website or transmitted to other users of the website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
It may also happen that you disclose third parties’ Personal Data (such as when indicating your emergency contacts within the Tech-Air® App or if you give us an e-mail address to use in the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients). Such third parties’ Personal Data will not be used by Alpinestars for any purpose other than the one it was provided for.
How Alpinestars collects and use Personal Data?
We collect your Personal Data in a number of ways and for various purposes, including:
- When you visit and navigate through our Website (see further details in the below section “Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies”).
- When you register for an account or interact with Alpinestars on the Website, Tech-Air® App or when purchasing in-store Tech-Air® products.
- When you use or interact with your Tech-Air® System by means of the Tech-Air® App.
- When you ask for assistance through our website or through the Tech-Air® App.
- When you purchase Alpinestars- products on our Website.
Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may automatically collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to the website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over the Personal Data collected while using our website:
- Promotional Offers from Alpinestars. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by Alpinestars to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form/registration form) or at any other time by logging into the website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
Personal Data Processing – legal basis
In this section we provide information on the legal basis for Alpinestars processing of your Personal Data:
- When we collect precise Location Data following your prior consent, we process such data on the basis of your prior consent.
- We process your data when you register for an account or if you need to interact with the Services we provide. Such processing is necessary for the performance of our Services or for the performance of a contract to which you are party, e.g the purchase of Alpinestars- products from the Website.
- When we use coarse location and data from sensors from the Tech-Air® App or Tech-Air® System we process such data for strictly necessary purposes in order to perform and improve our Services and products,
- When Alpinestars needs to comply with a legal obligation to which Alpinestars is subject to
- When you communicate with us or sign up for promotional materials, we process such data on the basis of our legitimate interest, and our legitimate interest is to provide you with our promotional messages.
- When you pair your Tech-Air® System through the Tech-Air® App, we log data about the transmission, such as the IP address used when syncing, the sync time and date, crash/diagnostic logs, geographic location of the device, information about your Tech-Air® System, information about the network used to sync (e.g., Wi-Fi or cellular) and Tech-Air® System battery level. We process this Personal Data to help identify and resolve errors or syncing issues. The legal ground for processing this Personal Data for this purpose is Alpinestars’ legitimate interest in resolving errors or syncing issues and providing quality product support.
- Legitimate interest is also the use of Personal Data to help us create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve our products, services, content and advertising, and for security prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- Where we are required under applicable local law to obtain your consent for sending you marketing information, the legal basis is your consent.
Collection and use of Non-Personal Data
We also collect data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal data for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal data that we may collect and how we may use it:
If we do combine non-personal information with Personal Data the combined information will be treated as Personal Data for as long as it remains combined.
Disclosure to third parties and third parties processing
Alpinestars shares Personal Data with its subsidiaries, affiliates, companies, and/or partners who provide services such as information processing, credit facilities, fulfilling customer orders, delivering products to you, managing and enhancing customer data, providing customer service. These entities are obliged to protect your Personal Data and may be located wherever Alpinestars operates.
We may disclose your Personal Data, requesting your consent in advance where prescribed by laws, to third parties for the following reasons:
- For permitting the use of some Tech-Air® App tools (ex. MyRide).
- To process payments for orders on www.alpinestars.com.
- For certain analytics and improvement.
- For Interest-Based Advertising.
- For legal compliance, law enforcement, to comply with a valid subpoena, legal order, court order, legal process, or other legal obligation, and public safety purposes (location-specific disclosures may apply), or (d) as necessary to pursue available legal remedies or defend legal claims.
For further details concerning the legal basis of the processing, please refer to “Paragraph Personal Data Processing – legal basis”.
Nonetheless, Alpinestars does not sell Personal Data, and personal information will never be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Data online or through our Tech-Air® App from children under 13 in the U.S. and under the age of 16 in the rest of the world (note that the minimum age may vary based on location, and on local law). If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, please contact us through our firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 in the U.S. or under 16 in the rest of the world has provided us with Personal Data without parental consent, we will take steps to remove the data and cancel the child's account.
Your Privacy Rights
Right to rectify: If you believe that your Personal Data might be incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you have the right to ask Alpinestars to rectify your Personal Data.
Personal Data collected through the Website in a non-automatic way can be reviewed and changed by logging into the website and visiting your account profile page.
Right to erasure: You have the right to ask Alpinestars to delete your Personal Data, as permitted by law. This right may be exercised among other things: (i) when your Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed; (ii) when you withdraw consent on which processing is based and where there is no other legal ground for processing; (iii) when you object to processing and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or when you object to the processing; or, (iv) when your Personal Data has been unlawfully processed.
Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the Personal Data that you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit that information to another controller, including to have it transmitted directly, where technically feasible. Any Personal Data that have been processed through our Tech-Air® System, with or without GPS information acquired through the Tech-Air® App, is no longer considered as Personal Data.
Right to manage preferences: You may at any time exercise other controls regarding your Personal Data preferences on our Website (check “Usage Details, IP Addresses and Cookies”) and on the Tech-Air® System or Tech-Air® App. Please note that collection and use of Personal Data may be required for some tools of the Tech-Air® App to work.
To manage preferences different from those mentioned above, please contact
Right to lodge a complaint before the Data Protection Authority: We encourage you to contact us directly at email@example.com and allow us to work with you to address your concerns. Nevertheless, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent data protection supervisory authority, in particular in the EU Member State where you reside, work or the place of the alleged infringement. You have the right to do so if you consider that the processing of Personal Data relating to you infringes applicable data protection laws.
The California Consumer Privacy Act provides California consumers with the right to obtain from Alpinestars information about the Personal Data about you that we collect, use, and disclose. You can exercise your rights through an authorized agent who can make a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: ATTN: Web Policy, Alpinestars USA Inc 2780 W. 237th St., Torrance, CA 90505, USA.
If you choose to exercise your privacy rights, you have the right to not to receive discriminatory treatment or a lesser degree of service from Alpinestars.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of the Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Data to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write us at: ATTN: Web Policy, Alpinestars USA Inc 2780 W. 237th St., Torrance, CA 90505, USA.
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your Personal Data. Alpinestars does not sell your Personal Data.
To control and better understand the use of your Personal Data, a request may be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
to check your rights related to the protection and the processing of Personal Data within European borders, please refer to this link: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens/my-rights_en
The tool MyRide on Alpinestars Tech-Air® App allows Alpinestars and its partners, such as maps data providers or cloud storage providers (see section above “Disclosure to third parties and third parties processing”), to collect, use, and share precise location data, including the real-time geographic location of your Tech-Air® System. Where available, MyRide may use GPS on your Tech-Air® System for approximate location. This location data is collected only if the tool MyRide have been activated generating your automatic consent on such process.
We will retain your Personal Data for as long as you maintain an account or as otherwise necessary to provide you the services it was requested for. We will also retain your Personal Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Where permissible, we will also delete your Personal Data upon your request.
If you have questions about our data retention practices, please contact us through our email@example.com.
We implement appropriate technical and organizational safeguards to protect against unauthorized or unlawful processing of Personal Data and against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data. All Personal Data you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your Personal Data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website or the Tech-Air® App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Data transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of Personal Data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website, except for what provided by applicable laws.
How to contact us or our Privacy Officer
In case of questions about the processing of your Personal Data please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Right to update