Honda SM5 Helmet
This item qualifies for FREE SHIPPING
This item qualifies for FREE SHIPPING
• An engineered raised area with padding effectively reduces the forces transmitted to the collarbone and a patented visor release system that ensures the visor is released with the correct pre-determined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
• Revised the medium, large, XL, and 2XL lower shell volume to be around 3% wider to make the helmet easier to put on and take off, where the increase in helmet volume has also improved the impact management performance which is now 44% lower than the regular-speed threshold.
• For the new ECE 22.06 standard, the SM5 achieves a 44% better regular-speed impact rating compared to the current 33% figure, as well as a 32% better low-speed, and 31% better high-speed linear impact score than the prevailing standard.
• Multiple density inner liner to ensure the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption.
• Redesigned chin bar’s new profile, where the base area has been specifically sculpted to give a relief section, raised to clear the collarbone, with a new softer EPS liner which extends beyond the helmet shell itself, and is covered by a more flexible rubber compound providing a reduced chance of any sort of collarbone injury.
• Patented visor release system ensures the visor is released with the correct pre-determined amount of force, irrespective of the angle of impact.
• Maximized ventilation and high levels of heat transfer exchange thanks to multi-air inlets and exhaust ports.
• The visor has been designed to direct air into the ports for enhanced airflow.
• ERS Emergency Release System cheek pads.
• Hydration hose routing loops to facilitate hydration system mounting.
• The ECE version of the Honda SM5 Helmet weighs 1,350 grams for a size medium, and 1420 grams for the ECE DOT version with shield.
The all-new Honda SM5 ECE 22.06 / DOT Helmet has been designed to provide MX riders with a helmet that is safe and purposefully designed to deliver optimal protection and comfort. The lightweight Honda SM5 Helmet features a thermo-injected shell incorporating a special polymer blend enhanced by varying degrees of thickness that is engineered to deliver the optimal combination of impact protection and light weight. The inner liner features a 7-piece expanded polystyrene (EPS) construction including five different densities of EPS designed to ensure the correct density in the correct area for enhanced impact absorption.
• The inner and outer surfaces are engineered to minimize the effects of oblique impacts. To help fight and mitigate those rotational impact forces, Alpinestars has designed a proprietary technology by creating a low friction surface on the inner surface of the EPS liner. For the ECE 22.06 standard, which now includes the rotational oblique impact rating, the SM5 scores 70% under the new regulation.
• The Honda SM5 ECE 22.06 Helmet is available in 2 versions ECE R 22.06 and ECE R 22.06/DOT.
• Lightweight outer shell is constructed from a technologically advanced impact resistant thermoplastic in three anatomical shell sizes, plus three individual EPS inner liner sizes with a combination of inner lining and cheek padding to offer 6 unique sizes and to ensure the best fitment and protection.
Orders will generally be shipped within one (1) - two (2) business days after receipt of payment and depending on availability of goods.
All orders shipped at a flat rate cost calculated at checkout. Estimated delivery time is 2-5 days. Shipping companies do not guarantee a delivery timeframe.
For consumer protection, all orders are subject to review. On occasion, this may extend the processing time of your order. For questions regarding order, please call – (US) 1-800-409-0903 / (INT) +1-310-891-0222 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are currently only able to ship to addresses within the United States of America. Please contact your local Alpinestars distributor for details of your closest dealer.
Refused Shipments: If you refuse shipment of your order, you will be responsible for the original shipping costs, as well as any duties, taxes and/or customs charges that were incurred upon shipping the package. These expenses will be deducted from your order refund.
We guarantee our merchandise to be free of manufacturing defects. If an item you have received is defective, we will be glad to assist you with processing a refund. For help with processing your return, please contact our Customer Service team – (US) 1-800-409-0903 / (INT) +1-310-891-0222 or contact us here.
If the item you ordered becomes defective from wear and use, please contact – Product / Warranty Support team - (US) 1-800-438-2577 / (INT) +1-310-891-0222,
or contact us here.
We do not accept returns on products that were not purchased from the Alpinestars.com website. If you ordered a product from another retailer, you may contact our Product / Warranty Support team – (US) 1-800-438-2577 / (INT) +1-310-891-0222, or contact us here.
If you would like to make a return, please contact Customer Service to request an RMA form. The return address, along with directions, will be provided with the RMA form upon issuance. Please include the RMA form within the returned shipment. Returns will only be accepted with an RMA form. To request an RMA form, please contact – (US) 1-800-409-0903 / (INT) +1-310-891-0222, or contact us here.
Pack and seal your box securely, in the original packaging if possible. For boots and shoe returns, place the shoe box inside a shipping box. To ensure that your return package arrives to our warehouse successfully, Alpinestars suggests shipping your return package with a tracking number. Packages must be returned prepaid.
Once Alpinestars receives your returned merchandise, your refund will be processed within 7 business days. If there is a refund due, a credit will be issued in the original form of payment. The credit may not show up until your credit card's next monthly billing cycle. You will be notified via e-mail when this transaction has taken place. Please note that your banking institution may require additional days to process and post this transaction to your account.